What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, email address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
Your information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Where your data is stored
We store your data on secure servers in the UK.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by websites that you visit. It is standard practice for all websites. They help website owners, like us, deliver a better experience to website users, such as you.
The cookies used by St Peter's Hospice websites don't contain any of your personal information (name, address, email address, payment details) and we can't use them to find out who you are. A few examples of where we use them include our shopping basket function and allowing you to share content with friends on social media networks.
Here's a list of the cookies we use, and what we use them for.
- Geolocation cookie - this helps us identify your closest shop based on your current location. If using a desktop this cookies expires after a week but if using a mobile device this cookie expires after ten minutes.
- ASP.NET_SessionId cookie - this cookie has a number functional purposes, which include making the shopping basket work and allowing donation amounts to be selected.
- ARRAffinity is a cookie used to affinitize a client to an instance of an Azure Web App.
- utma, utmb, utmx, utmz cookies - these cookies enable the function of Google Analytics, software that we use to help analyse anonymous visitor information such as pages visited, time spent on site, browser usage etc. The data can only be viewed by relevant staff at St Peter's Hospice.
- atuvc cookie - this cookie gives integration with social media accounts, using AddThis for those users that choose to share content on their social media networks.
PREF* VSC* VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE* remote_sid* cookies - we embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode.
_hjClosedSurveyInvites, _hjDonePolls, _hjMinimizedPolls, _hjDoneTestersWidgets, _hjMinimizedTestersWidgets, _hjIncludedInSample, _hjShownFeedbackMessage - these enable HotJar, a website analytics tool to see how visitors are moving around our website, so that we can improve their experience and help ensure they can find what they are looking for.
Managing your cookies
Please note that you can manage, control or delete cookies in your browser. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Further information about cookies and how to control their use is available from All About Cookies and Your Online Choices.